The College of Purna Yoga is a Yoga Alliance approved, Washington State licensed vocational school.
Come discover the difference between yoga done from prana and yoga done from Light; between yoga of the mind, and the Purna Yoga approach to yoga from the heart. The College of Purna Yoga provides in-depth and highly detailed instruction, from a dedicated lineage, with proven results: our graduates are known for their expertise, professionalism, and caring.
Our holistic curriculum has two components:
1. The technical knowledge on how to teach yoga that is safe, effective, transformational, and accessible to all body types. The foundational curriculum of teaching Purna Yoga, the whole of yoga, includes:
- Asana (with a focus on alignment for safety and precision)
- Meditation (focusing on the heart center)
- Breath work
- The application of yogic philosophy to daily life
- Nutrition and healthy lifestyle
2. Your own spiritual development so you practice and teach from the heart, instead of the head. The practice and teaching of yoga can be used to grow your ego; however, these programs will teach you how to open your heart and welcome more of your Soul into your body. It is through your connection to your Soul that you connect with Light, an unlimited source of energy, wisdom and love – and a powerful upgrade from prana or chi.
We offer three levels of training so you can progress at a pace that respects your lifestyle, goals, and resources. Our immersion formats ensure deep learning and transformation.